Sunday 20 April 2014

Sydney with friends


Sorry I haven't written for a while. It's really quite odd that in the holidays, when I have the most time, I end up doing less.

ANYWAY...
Here's "some stuff that happened... in pictures (and words)."

I went to Sydney with my friends!
It was wet and cold - as you can see - but I was protected by my trusty blazer, which is my new favourite thing, ever. It's a cropped Zara double-breasted blazer, which Mum found in an op-shop (thrift store for foreigners/people who think it sounds cooler) and it's brilliant. a) it's incredibly warm, b) it has brilliant buttons (they read 'Navigate of the Pacific Ocean') and c) it matches my general motto of "why be casual when you can be weirdly formal."
The Westerners among us were proudly exposed to Asian cake shops, which are utterly delightful because 1. of their prices, which are great on a birthday money-budget, and 2. the food tastes wonderful.
We went on a Sydney ferry, which was brilliant - they are even more fun in horrible weather because they jolt over waves.
So pretty much we traipsed around Sydney, window-shopping and taking advantage of our Family Funday Sunday transport tickets (these let you catch whatever public transport you need, unlimitedly.)


Interesting wildlife sightings throughout Sydney... Rhinos!

These urban artworks will be auctioned to support
Taronga Zoo's rhino conservation project.

More information: http://taronga.org.au/wild-rhinos/about

    
So mature at Darling Harbour playpark.




At the Sydney Opera House.

Cranes at Bangaroo Construction Site.

Cassie in front of Darling Harbour.

Darling Harbour from a distance - what a grey day!

A free photo at the front of Madame Tussaud's
(we couldn't actually go in - it was too expensive)

Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House from Luna Park ferry wharf.

On the bus (trackwork meant we didn't catch the train) home, with Cathy.
So that was pretty fun!
Comment to tell me what you think, where you like to go, and anything you would like to see on my blog.

Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment